Nepal from a Buddhist Point of View
With yoga and meditation on special locations
You will visit all the major touristic hotspots, some of Nepal’s most important places for Buddhist pilgrims and sacred sites dedicated to Vajrayogini, one of Buddhism’s highest tantric female Yidams. At those places, we will practice yoga and meditation together.
coming in 2019
max 1300 m
expl. esoteric symbols
min 2 – max 10
Begin and end
Highlights of this travel
- Visit and meditation at the four sacred Vajrayogini (tantric deity) places
- Lumbini the birthplace of lord Buddha
- Namo Buddha, famous sacred Buddhist pilgrimage site
- Temple dedicated to one of the most famous deities in Tibet, Tara
- Boudhnath, famous Bhuddist Stupa with many monasteries around
- Swayambhunath, or monkey temple
- caves of Naropa and Tilopa, two famous yogi’s
- cave of Guru Rinpoche
- Three King cities: Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur
- Esay hike to a nice mountain view point where we also do yoga
- Chitwan, national park
- Pashunpatinath, Hindu sacred place and cremation place
- Lu Jong Yoga, Tibetan Healing Yoga
- Sword Yoga prcatice
- Tsa lung, breathing yoga
- Meditation in scared caves and on the Vayrayogini places
IncludedNepal from a Buddhist Point of View
Flight to Kathmandu and pick-up at the airport. Transfer to the hotel and free time.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley. We visit the places dedicated to Vajrayogini, an important deity in Tantrayana Buddhism (Sangku, Boudhanath and Patan Vajrayogini), for a visitation and a guided meditation.
Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley.
We visit the 3 most important places dedicated to Vajrayogini, an important deity in Tantrayana Buddhism
At the beautiful stupa of Swayambunath, the monkey temple, we take the time to visit Manjushri’s – the god of wisdom – teaching place.
There is a very nice courtyard where we will practice yoga and meditation, which will be an unforgettable experience.
We will visit one of Nepal’s most sacred places for Buddhist pilgrims, Namo Buddha.
On the way back we make a stop in Bhaktapur, a beautiful medieval city.
We travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus.
The 7-hour journey will give you a nice view of Nepal.
From Pokhara we make a hike to the Australian Camp.
Here we will have a nice view on the Anapurna range, from this beautiful spot we will practice yoga and meditation.
We will also spend the night at this wonderfully peaceful place.
Early morning we stand up to see the sunrise on the Anapurna range.
In the early morning we hike down and travel back to Pokhara
In the afternoon wee will visit the Shanti Peace Pagode, Devi’s Falls and the Tibetan refugee camp.
We travel from Pokhara to Lumbini, Lord Buddha’s place of birth, by tourist bus, which will take about 8 hours.
During this trip we will see another part of Nepal.
Everytime we see how much different there is in nature.
In the morning we visit Lord Buddha place of birth where we will practice yoga and have guided meditations.
It is a very special and peacefull place.
Around the main temple, almost every Asian country has built its own monastery. In the afternoon, a bike tour takes us along the most important monasteries, where we discover the many different types of Buddhism.
In the early morning, the tourist bus will take us from Lumbini to Chitwan, a 5-hour trip.
At our lodge in Chitwan you will be able to enjoy some free time to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
We get up early to go on an elephant-back safari through the jungle.
We return to the lodge to have breakfast and practice yoga and meditation with an amazing view on the river and the fields.
In the afternoon we hop on our bicycles to visit a typical Tharu village and the Elephant breeding centre.
In the early morning we take the tourist bus from Chitwan to Kathmandu, which will be a 6-hour drive. In Kathmandu you will have some free time to shop, relax and do some sightseeing.
We will visit some places in Kathmandu, all within walking distance from our hotel.
We will walk through the colourful streets towards Durbar Square and make a stop at the Chapel stupa and the beautiful Tara temple, which is carefully hidden in one of Kathmandu’s narrow streets.
Then we continue our walk to Pashupanitah, a Hindu cremation site, where we observe the rituals at the riverside and visit the Naropa cave. We also take the time to meditate here, before we head back to the hotel and prepare ourselves for our farewell dinner.
Our special journey ends today and we will drive you to the airport.
- Vajrayogini (in Sanskrit) is also known as Dorje Neljorma (in Tibetan). She is one of Buddhism’s highest tantric female yidams or special meditational deities. Vajrayogini is often referred to as the deity who is the essence of all the Buddhas. Her meditational practice belongs to the highest yoga tantric path.
- In Nepal, Vajrayogini is a very respected deity: four sacred sites are dedicated to her, of which some are very well known and others are more discrete. During this trip we will visit all of these places and have guided meditations there.
- We visit important centres of pilgrimage such as Namo Buddha, Boudhnath, Swayamvhunath.
- Lord Buddha himself spoke about the advantages of going on pilgrimages to the four sacred places: Lumbini, where he was born, Bodghgaya, where he was enlightened, Sarnath, where he turned the wheel of Dharma for the first time, and Kusinagar, where he passed away to nirvana. During our trip we will visit the only sacred place that is situated in Nepal, Lumbini. The other sacred places are situated in India.
Apart from to the Buddhist places, we will also visit tourist hotspots such as Pokhara, Bhaktapur and Chitwan.
Coming in 2019
Double: 2.075 dollar
Single : 2.400 dollar
- Airport pickups and drops
- Welcome and farewell diner
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan with breakfast
- Lodge accomodation in Australian Camp and Lumbini with breakfast
- Lunch/dinner we take on the way (water,tea or coffee is included) - note: our meals exist of a main dish (dessert and starters are not included)
- All transportations inside Nepal (based on tourist busses) – possibility to fly but therefore we have to add extra charges
- All excursions and entrance fees are included, as per itinerary (excursions are provided with car or van)
- All excursions are guided by an experience guide who speaks very good English, Pramod Tamang.
- Yoga and meditation guidance on the different spots as descripted in our itinerary
- All government and local taxes
- International air fare and transportation in and out of Nepal (Kathmandu).
- Please buy your own travel & annulation insurance
- Make sure your health insurance cover your assistance abroad
- extra drinks (like alcohol,cold drinks, coffee and tea outside the meals)
- Personal expenses
- Nepali visa fee
- Tip for guide(s) and driver(s)
You can find more information on our Terms & Conditions in the sidebar or in our footer.
In the section Frequently Asked Questions you will also find there more information.